Here are some links that you might find useful.
For systematic reviews, The Cochrane Library provides high-quality evidence-based information. MEDLINE is the best biomedical database of published papers in peer-reviewed journals and it can be accessed through the Pubmed Entrez search interface.
Only links to journals relevant to Primary care health issues are listed.
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- BJGP – British Journal of General Practice
- BMJ – British Medical Journal
- JAMA – Journal of the American Medical Association
- JAN – Journal of Advanced Nursing
- NEJM – The New England Journal of Medicine
- The Lancet
Nice guidelines & WHO
In the UK, The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) is the independent organisation for the NHS and is responsible for providing guidance on the promotion of good health and the prevention and treatment of ill health.
WHO – World Health Organisation is the directing and co-ordinating authority for health within the United Nations system.